Yay!...making moves...SoCon 5th place within reach, 6th maybe more likely...close out with an expected road win @ VMI, then upset UNCG @ home, while the Spartans already have the postseason on their minds...finish on 4 game SoCon win streak & make some noise in SoCon Tourney...probably matchup with ETSU in 1st round, who the Bears took to OT earlier in the season.
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers; For he today that sheds his blood with me, shall be my brother.
"SoCon Announces Cost Containment Measures for 2020-21
The measures include:
- Reducing the number of teams qualifying for conference championships to the top four teams in the regular season in the sports of men's and women's soccer, volleyball, men's and women's tennis, softball and baseball;
- Scaling back on conference championship expenses while ensuring quality and memorable events;
- Reducing all conference baseball series from three days to two;
- Reducing the men's and women's golf championships from three days to two;
- Adjusting in-person coaches' meetings and the conference's fall meetings to virtual events;
- Adjusting in-person football and basketball media days to virtual events;
- Identifying other potential savings concepts that each institution can implement per its preference."